Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls calciners and allied equipment from instrumented panelboard to heat ore slurry, dry slurry, and drive off impurities: Monitors recording instruments, flowmeters, panel lights, and other indicators, and listens for warning signals on panel to operate calciner, conveyor system, and allied equipment.
- 2) Turns screws and knobs on panelboard to control feed rate, temperature, and conveying of ore.
- 3) Examines calcined ore to determine, by color, that it meets company specifications.
- 4) Confers with other departments to adjust steam, water, and fuel supply, using telephone or radio.
- 5) Confers with supervisor to report equipment failure or malfunction, and to resolve problems in process changes.
- 6) Maintains record of steam, water, and fuel used during shift.
- 7) Records process changes, malfunctions, and other actions in shift log and operator's sheet.
- 8) Examines calciners and allied equipment, such as conveyor belts and chutes, blowers, pumps, compressors, and power lines, waterlines, and air lines, for wear or defects.
- 9) Periodically cleans calciner, working as member of team, and using airhammer, water hose, pick, shovel, and wheelbarrow.
- 10) When drying copper ore, may be designated Reactor Operator.
Is being a "CALCINER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CALCINER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CALCINER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CALCINER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1331