Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Pushes mine cars onto and off mine shaft cage and informs workers when cage is used to carry mine personnel: Pushes or pulls loaded cars off cage at surface and replaces with cars that are empty or loaded with supplies.
- 2) Pulls empty cars from cage at bottom or intermediate levels of mine and moves onto sidings for distribution and loading.
- 3) Gives directions to workers in loading of cage to ensure conformance to safety regulations.
- 4) Signals HOIST OPERATOR with bell or buzzer when cage is to be moved.
- 5) May load cage with materials and equipment to be lowered into mine.
- 6) May record number of containers and estimate production weights.
- 7) May tend automatic elevator.
- 8) May be designated according to level in mine shaft at which work is performed as Bottomer II; Foot Cager; Head Cager; Top Cager.
Is being a "CAGER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CAGER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CAGER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CAGER"
Job Number: 1319