Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cuts, forms, and welds wire mesh and reinforcing steel to fabricate cages used in reinforcing concrete pipe and other concrete forms, according to blueprint or work order specifications: Obtains roll of wire mesh of specified gauge, and unrolls and stretches out mesh for cutting.
- 2) Measures mesh with steel rule and cuts strands, using hand or pneumatic cutter.
- 3) Feeds wire mesh into rollers of bending machine and turns adjusting wheel to shape frame or cage sections.
- 4) Places formed rods or mesh on floor or in special forming stand preparatory to welding.
- 5) Tack-welds sections together, using arc-welding equipment.
- 6) Cuts reinforcing steel, using cutting torch.
Is being a "CAGE MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CAGE MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CAGE MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CAGE MAKER"
Job Number: 1317