"CAGE MAKER, MACHINE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates machine to fabricate steel cages used for reinforcing concrete pipe: Bolts lagging plates of specified size to expandable mandrel of machine to form drum for shaping and sizing cage.
- 2) Threads wire from spindle through tensioning rollers and feeder arm of machine.
- 3) Tack-welds ends of wire to bell-end of lagging plate and pulls lever to expand mandrel.
- 4) Turns wheel on tensioner to regulate pressure on wire.
- 5) Starts mandrel rotating as wire is fed through tensioning rollers on carriage which moves along track to space wire as it winds.
- 6) Tack-welds wire to end of drum on completion of run and cuts wire with welding torch.
- 7) Pulls lever to move welding and grounding wheels into position to hold rod in place and to form circuit for welding.
- 8) Starts welding wheel to weld rod and wire at points of intersection.
- 9) Breaks tack weld at ends of wire, using hammer and pulls lever to retract mandrel and loosen cage.
- 10) Pulls cage from shaft by hand or aid of pneumatic winch.
Is being a "CAGE MAKER, MACHINE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CAGE MAKER, MACHINE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CAGE MAKER, MACHINE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CAGE MAKER, MACHINE"
Job Number: 1318