Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends furnace and auxiliary equipment that heat cadmium to produce cadmium oxide: Turns handwheel to tilt and lower mouth of crucible for initial loading, and dumps cadmium balls into crucible until scale indicator reaches specified weight.
- 2) Returns crucible to upright position and turns control to activate automatic pilot that fires furnace.
- 3) Positions empty drum under oxide collector discharge outlet, clamps discharge cover over drum, and turns switch that starts flow of cadmium oxide from collector into drum.
- 4) Periodically scrapes molten accumulation from mouth of crucible, using metal rod.
- 5) Dumps additional cadmium balls into crucible when indicator falls below prescribed weight, using pipe carrier.
- 6) Turns switch to stop flow of cadmium oxide when drum is filled.
- 7) Removes drum from under discharge cover, and closes drum with lid and sealing collar.
- 8) Weighs drum, records weight on shipping tag, and attaches tag to sealing collar.
- 9) Periodically scrapes and chips accumulations of cadmium oxide from floor and from crucibles not in use.
- 10) Sifts scrapings, weighs, and stores solids.
- 11) Maintains production logs.
Is being a "CADMIUM BURNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CADMIUM BURNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CADMIUM BURNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CADMIUM BURNER"
Job Number: 1314