Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tests insulated wires in aerial, underground, or submarine multiple-conductor cables to determine continuity, insulation, and correctness of cable loading, using standard testing procedures and impedance, resistance, and frequency oscillating meters.
- 2) Listens for sound of escaping insulating gas from hole in cable sheathing to locate defects in cable.
- 3) Determines continuity, insulation, capacity imbalance, and cable loading, using meters, such as capacity and resistance bridges.
- 4) Prepares report identifying location and cause of malfunctions.
- 5) May drive motor vehicle along route of cable, climb poles, and ride in cable car from pole to pole on cable strand to perform tests.
- 6) May direct CABLE SPLICER in correction of malfunction.
Is being a "CABLE TESTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CABLE TESTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CABLE TESTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CABLE TESTER"
Job Number: 1308