"CABLE TELEVISION LINE TECHNICIAN"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Maintains and repairs cable television cables and equipment: Measures signal strength at amplifiers or at customer's terminal boxes, using field strength meter.
- 2) Repairs or replaces worn components to ensure acceptable signal strength.
- 3) Climbs utility pole and connects test television set to amplifiers.
- 4) Observes set to evaluate reception and determine cause of faulty reception.
- 5) Repairs defective cable systems.
- 6) Answers customers' inquiries or complaints and explains cost and operation of cable service.
- 7) May communicate with COMMUNICATIONS ELECTRICIAN SUPERVISOR , using two-way radio or telephone, to receive instructions or technical advice.
- 8) May report unauthorized use of cable system to COMMUNICATIONS ELECTRICIAN SUPERVISOR.
- 9) May clean and maintain tools, test equipment, and motor vehicle.
Is being a "CABLE TELEVISION LINE TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CABLE TELEVISION LINE TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CABLE TELEVISION LINE TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CABLE TELEVISION LINE TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 1307