Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists CABLE SPLICER to join ends of multiple-conductor cables used in telephone and telegraph communication systems and electric-power transmitting equipment by performing routine duties: Positions splicer's cart, opens manholes, hangs splicer's platform in position, and supplies splicer with tools and equipment.
- 2) Tends small gasoline engine to pump water from underground conduit tunnels or to supply fresh air to worker in tunnel.
- 3) Cuts lead tubing with hacksaw to form covering over spliced cables.
- 4) Tends gasoline heater to melt lead and paraffin.
- 5) Assists CABLE SPLICER in boiling out wet cables and affixing cables in tunnel racks or to poles.
- 6) May pull cables through ducts and conduits.
- 7) Performs other duties as described under HELPER Master Title.
Is being a "CABLE-SPLICER HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CABLE-SPLICER HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CABLE-SPLICER HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CABLE-SPLICER HELPER"
Job Number: 1310