Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Maintains pressure in oil-filled and gas-filled cables used to transmit high-voltage electricity: Computes amount of oil or gas required for given section of cable, using standard specifications.
- 2) Pumps oil or gas into cable until specified pressure is attained.
- 3) Installs relay used to control pressure inside cables.
- 4) Attaches temporary reservoirs to ends of cable to maintain pressure during installation of cable.
- 5) Tests cables with manual pressure gauges.
- 6) Reports cable sheath defects and joint failure for repair.
Is being a "CABLE MAINTAINER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CABLE MAINTAINER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CABLE MAINTAINER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CABLE MAINTAINER"
Job Number: 1302