"CABLE ENGINEER, OUTSIDE PLANT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plans, directs, and coordinates activities concerned with laying and repairing submarine telecommunication cables: Devises plans for laying cable lines, taking into consideration ocean currents and ocean depths.
- 2) Determines where and how cables should be laid and decides such matters as where to place buoys, where to cut cable, what grapnel to use, what length of rope to use for a given depth, what type of cable to use, and what route to follow.
- 3) Keeps charts and records to show depth and location of all cables laid.
- 4) Analyzes test figures made when cable fault occurs to determine exact location of cable break.
- 5) Oversees work of locating and repairing damaged cables.
Is being a "CABLE ENGINEER, OUTSIDE PLANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CABLE ENGINEER, OUTSIDE PLANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CABLE ENGINEER, OUTSIDE PLANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CABLE ENGINEER, OUTSIDE PLANT"
Job Number: 1300