"CABLE ASSEMBLER AND SWAGER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates and tests aircraft cable assemblies, such as control cables, tow-target cables, and engine slings, following blueprints and specifications, using measuring instruments, handtools, and machines: Reads and interprets blueprints, work orders, and specifications to determine sequence of operations, type and size of cable and fittings required, quantity, and finished dimensions.
- 2) Measures and cuts cable to required length, considering cable stretch and metal flow resulting from swaging operations, using cable cutter or saw.
- 3) Selects and installs dies, jigs, shims, or other accessories in swaging machine, using handtools.
- 4) Assembles fittings onto cable in specified location.
- 5) Positions fitting and cable between dies of swaging machine, and depresses pedal to activate machine that swages fittings onto cable, turning cable assembly by hand as fitting is swaged onto cable.
- 6) Verifies dimensions of cable assembly and position of fittings, using measuring instruments.
- 7) Tests holding capacity of cable assembly, using proofloading machines.
- 8) Repairs and reworks cable assemblies as required.
- 9) May form loops or splices in cables, using clamps and fittings, or by reweaving cable strands.
- 10) May solder cable ends.
- 11) May apply lubricants and protective coatings to cable assemblies.
- 12) May operate crimping machine.
- 13) May mark identifying information on cable assemblies.
- 14) May fabricate cable templates.
Is being a "CABLE ASSEMBLER AND SWAGER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "CABLE ASSEMBLER AND SWAGER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "CABLE ASSEMBLER AND SWAGER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "CABLE ASSEMBLER AND SWAGER"
Job Number: 1299