Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Purchases merchandise or commodities for resale: Inspects and grades or appraises agricultural commodities, durable goods, apparel, furniture, livestock, or other merchandise offered for sale to determine value and yield.
- 2) Selects and orders merchandise from showings by manufacturing representatives, growers, or other sellers, or purchases merchandise on open market for cash, basing selection on nature of clientele, or demand for specific commodity, merchandise, or other property, utilizing knowledge of various articles of commerce and experience as buyer.
- 3) Transports purchases or contacts carriers to arrange transportation of purchases.
- 4) Authorizes payment of invoices or return of merchandise.
- 5) May negotiate contracts for severance of agricultural or forestry products from land.
- 6) May conduct staff meetings with sales personnel to introduce new merchandise.
- 7) May price items for resale.
- 8) May be required to be licensed by state.
- 9) May be identified according to type of commodities, merchandise, or goods purchased.
Is being a "BUYER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BUYER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BUYER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BUYER"
Job Number: 3010