Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Manages grain elevator: Examines samples to determine extent of dirt, burrs, hulls, seeds, and other dockage.
- 2) Extracts samples and forwards them to local grain exchange for analysis and certification of moisture and protein content.
- 3) Reviews analysis to ascertain amount of moisture and protein present in sample.
- 4) Calculates market value and bargains with sellers to obtain grain at favorable price.
- 5) Buys grain or issues storage certificates.
- 6) Computes shipping cost to determine most economical way of transporting grain.
- 7) Reviews and approves grain settlements to ensure that payments are made according to weight, moisture, and protein content.
- 8) Keeps daily records on kinds and grades of grain received, prices paid, amount purchased, and amount in storage.
- 9) Directs workers engaged in unloading, loading, storing, and mixing of grain for shipment and milling.
Is being a "BUYER, GRAIN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BUYER, GRAIN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BUYER, GRAIN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BUYER, GRAIN"
Job Number: 1288