Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls equipment to make grades of butter by either of following methods: Butter churn method: Connects sanitary pipe between cream storage vat and churn.
- 2) Starts pump to convey sterile solution through equipment and to admit measured amount of pasteurized cream into churn, and starts churn.
- 3) Observes separation of buttermilk from butter and pumps buttermilk from churn.
- 4) Opens churn and sprays butter with chlorinated water to remove residue buttermilk.
- 5) Compares butter with color chart and adds coloring to meet specifications.
- 6) Tests butter for moisture, salt content, and consistency, using testing apparatus, and achieves specified consistency by adding or removing water.
- 7) Examines, smells, and tastes butter to grade it according to prescribed standard.
- 8) Butter chilling method: Pasteurizes and separates cream to obtain butter oil, and tests butter oil in standardizing vat for butter fat, moisture, salt content, and acidity, using testing apparatus.
- 9) Adds water, alkali, and coloring to butter oil to achieve specified grade, and starts agitator to mix ingredients.
- 10) Turns valves and observes gauges to regulate temperature and flow of water, refrigerant, and butter oil through chilling vat.
- 11) Smells, tastes, and feels sample to grade butter emerging from chilling vat.
- 12) May be designated according to equipment operated as Butter-Chilling Equipment Operator; Butter Churner.
Is being a "BUTTERMAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BUTTERMAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BUTTERMAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BUTTERMAKER"
Job Number: 1270