"BUTTERMAKER, CONTINUOUS CHURN"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates continuous churn to produce butter of specified grade and quality, and performs quality control tests: Starts agitator of salt injector and fills tank of injector with salt solution.
- 2) Turns valve control and starts pump to move cream from storage tank to churn.
- 3) Presses switches to start beater and extruders of churn, and adjusts controls while monitoring gauge and ammeter to regulate churn speed.
- 4) Connects salt injector tube to extruder of churn and starts salt injector pump.
- 5) Raises or lowers nozzle to adjust height of buttermilk drainpipe to control level of buttermilk in extruder, using wrenches.
- 6) Observes butter granules dropping from beater section to ensure that beater is operating efficiently.
- 7) Removes sample of butter from discharge of churn and performs standardized tests for moisture, butterfat, and color content.
- 8) Tastes butter to detect undesirable flavors and to ensure required salt level.
- 9) Rubs sample of butter between thumb and finger to determine if texture meets specifications.
- 10) Turns control knobs to adjust speed of beater, speed of salt pump, height of buttermilk discharge pipe, or adds vegetable color to salt solution to ensure butter meets specifications.
- 11) Observes and listens to churn to detect possible malfunctions, such as leaks or plugging, and reports malfunctions or undesirable taste to supervisor.
- 12) Mixes salt and water, according to formula, to maintain stock of solution.
- 13) Records production and test data on record sheet.
Is being a "BUTTERMAKER, CONTINUOUS CHURN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BUTTERMAKER, CONTINUOUS CHURN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BUTTERMAKER, CONTINUOUS CHURN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BUTTERMAKER, CONTINUOUS CHURN"
Job Number: 1271