Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cuts, trims, bones, ties, and grinds meats, using butcher's cutlery and powered equipment, such as electric grinder and bandsaw, to portion and prepare meat in cooking form: Cuts, trims, and bones carcass sections or prime cuts, using knives, meat saw, cleaver, and bandsaw, to reduce to cooking cuts, such as roasts, steaks, chops, stew cubes, and grinding meat.
- 2) Cuts and weighs steaks and chops for individual servings.
- 3) Tends electric grinder to grind meat.
- 4) Shapes and ties roasts.
- 5) May estimate requirements and requisition or order meat supply.
- 6) May receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery.
- 7) May record quantity of meat received and issued to cooks.
- 8) May clean fowl and fish.
- 9) May oversee other butchers and be designated Butcher, Head.
Is being a "BUTCHER, MEAT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BUTCHER, MEAT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BUTCHER, MEAT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BUTCHER, MEAT"
Job Number: 1265