Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machine to cast slugs for subsequent swaging into small arms ammunition bullets: Slides lead pigs and scrap into melting kettle, turns valves to control fuel-air mixture to furnace and coolant water flow to molds, and starts pump that forces molten metal through pipes to casting wheels adjacent to kettle.
- 2) Starts machine and observes water on heated molds to determine when water sizzles, indicating specified temperature of molds for production casting.
- 3) Examines slugs for such defects as fins, out of miter, partial formation, and pits.
- 4) Adjusts machine controls and replaces worn and warped molds to correct malformation of slugs, using handtools.
- 5) Examines molds, using straightedge and light, to detect incomplete closure and warpage, and straightens warped molds, using hand-powered press.
Is being a "BULLET-SLUG-CASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BULLET-SLUG-CASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BULLET-SLUG-CASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BULLET-SLUG-CASTING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1228