Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls automatic equipment to melt and cast lead into cylindrical billets, and extrude billets into wire for making bullets and cores used in small arms ammunition: Starts electric furnace, observes gauges, and turns rheostat to maintain specified temperature and pressure.
- 2) Charges furnace with lead pigs and scrap of specified alloy, using conveyor and elevating platform.
- 3) Skims dross from molten lead with skimming ladle.
- 4) Turns wheel to adjust flow of molten lead into mold.
- 5) Adjusts stroke of billet extractor mechanism, installs extruding dies, and regulates ram speed and flow of water coolant, using handtools.
- 6) Threads extruded wire over pulleys into slug-forming machines or through guide pipes to be coiled in drums.
- 7) Verifies wire size with snap gauges to ensure conformity to specifications.
Is being a "BULLET-CASTING OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BULLET-CASTING OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BULLET-CASTING OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BULLET-CASTING OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1224