Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Examines steam-heat systems and records steam-meter readings at regular intervals to verify accuracy of meter registration and to ensure economical service to customers of steam utility company: Examines steam-distribution equipment, such as meters, steam traps, safety valves, and pipes, for loose connections or other defects and makes minor repairs and adjustments.
- 2) Notifies INSPECTOR, CHIEF of necessary major repairs and of changes, such as installation of additional steam-utilization equipment or repositioning of pipes which might affect metering equipment or steam rates.
- 3) Reads meters and compares readings with previous recordings to detect fluctuations indicative of meter or equipment defects.
- 4) Submits meter readings for billing purposes and reports equipment status.
- 5) May notify customer of equipment requiring repair.
Is being a "BUILDING-EQUIPMENT INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BUILDING-EQUIPMENT INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BUILDING-EQUIPMENT INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BUILDING-EQUIPMENT INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 1211