"BUFFING-WHEEL FORMER, AUTOMATIC"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends forming machine that folds, gathers, and presses cloth into groove of lacing to produce buffing wheels: Lifts roll of cloth on holder or draws end from box and threads it through guides and over steam pipes.
- 2) Removes front section of winding drum, places lacing on rod in center of rear section, and positions front section on rod at specified distance from rear section.
- 3) Pulls cloth over drum and centers it over space between drum sections.
- 4) Secures cloth edges to pins set across drum.
- 5) Turns valve to admit steam to pipes to soften material.
- 6) Turns crank to wind specified amount of cloth around drum.
- 7) Cuts cloth, using hand shears, and pushes drum between jaws of machine.
- 8) Presses button to activate jaws that fold and gather cloth into space between drums and press gathered edge between points of lacings.
- 9) Removes laced buffing material when pressing cycle is complete.
- 10) Turns dial to control length of pressing cycle, according to style of buffing wheel.
Is being a "BUFFING-WHEEL FORMER, AUTOMATIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BUFFING-WHEEL FORMER, AUTOMATIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BUFFING-WHEEL FORMER, AUTOMATIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BUFFING-WHEEL FORMER, AUTOMATIC"
Job Number: 1204