"BUFFING-LINE SET-UP WORKER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up buffing line to buff metal parts, such as automobile trim or hardware, to specified finish, following work order and using knowledge of metals, abrasives, and finishing techniques: Reads work order to determine part to be buffed.
- 2) Selects holding fixtures and bolts them to drive mechanism.
- 3) Selects buffs and positions and attaches them to spindles, using knowledge of buffing operations to determine type of buffs, angle of contact, and pressure against workpiece.
- 4) Sets timers to control speed of indexing, according to size and material of workpiece and to control application of lubricant and abrasive.
- 5) Examines finish of first piece through buffing line for conformance to specifications.
- 6) Adjusts setup to achieve specified finish.
- 7) May change speed of buffing wheels by varying ratio of drive pulleys.
Is being a "BUFFING-LINE SET-UP WORKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BUFFING-LINE SET-UP WORKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BUFFING-LINE SET-UP WORKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BUFFING-LINE SET-UP WORKER"
Job Number: 1200