Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs cloth buffing and polishing wheels, using handtools, standard charts, tracing lathe, and arbor press: Clamps worn wheel in steam cleaning machine to remove abrasives and bonding materials.
- 2) Dismantles cleaned wheels, using handtools, and salvages cloth inserts depending upon size and condition.
- 3) Assembles buffing and polishing wheels according to standard charts, by pressing inserts and spacers on wheel shaft, using arbor press.
- 4) Mounts assembled wheel on tracing lathe to turn wheel surface to specified shape.
- 5) Sprays or brushes abrasive bonding material on surface of polishing wheel and places it in oven to dry.
- 6) Repairs polishing wheels by recoating with specified abrasive bonding material.
- 7) May mount completed polishing and buffing wheels on machine.
Is being a "BUFFING-AND-POLISHING-WHEEL REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BUFFING-AND-POLISHING-WHEEL REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BUFFING-AND-POLISHING-WHEEL REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BUFFING-AND-POLISHING-WHEEL REPAIRER"
Job Number: 1198