"BROACHING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates one or more broaching machines to broach internal or external cylindrical or flat surfaces of metal workpieces according to specifications, tooling instructions, standard charts, and knowledge of broaching: Reads blueprint, job order, or specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances, and tooling instructions, such as holding fixtures, cutting speed, and cutting tools to be used.
- 2) Lifts workpiece manually or with hoist and positions and secures it in fixture.
- 3) Installs broach or ram, using wrenches.
- 4) Moves controls to set specified depth of cut and ram speed, and to start ram that pushes or pulls broach along surface of work.
- 5) Pulls lever to start flow of coolant or lubricant on work area.
- 6) Verifies conformance of broached workpiece to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as fixed gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
- 7) May broach nonmetallic materials.
- 8) May change worn broaches, using handtools.
Is being a "BROACHING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BROACHING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BROACHING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BROACHING-MACHINE SET-UP OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1149