"BROACHING-MACHINE OPERATOR, PRODUCTION"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates one or more previously setup broaching machines to broach internal or external surfaces of metal workpieces to specifications, on production basis: Examines blueprints or work order to determine finished specifications of workpiece.
- 2) Lifts workpiece manually or using hoist, and places and secures it in holding fixture, using handtools.
- 3) Starts machine, observes operation, and verifies conformance of broached workpieces to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as fixed gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
- 4) Moves controls to adjust cutting speeds.
- 5) Changes worn broaches.
- 6) May aid MACHINE SETTER in setting up machine.
- 7) May place workpiece on spindle of revolving turntable which automatically feeds broached workpiece to power conveyor.
Is being a "BROACHING-MACHINE OPERATOR, PRODUCTION" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BROACHING-MACHINE OPERATOR, PRODUCTION" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BROACHING-MACHINE OPERATOR, PRODUCTION"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BROACHING-MACHINE OPERATOR, PRODUCTION"
Job Number: 1148