"BRINE MAKER I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends tanks, filters, and auxiliary equipment that produce brine solution for use in electrolytic cells: Pumps water through salt beds or starts conveyor bringing salt from storage area for dissolution in water, producing mixture of specified salt content.
- 2) Admits salt water and specified amounts of liquid chemicals, such as caustic soda or acid, to mixing tank to produce brine solution meeting plant standard.
- 3) Pumps solution to settling tank to settle out impurities and through sand-bed filters for final purification.
- 4) Draws sample of brine for laboratory analysis or tests density, salt content, and acidity, using hydrometer, salinometer, and pH meter.
- 5) Turns valves to transfer brine to electrolytic cells and maintain brine at specified levels in supply lines, tanks, and cells.
- 6) May dump materials into brine to adjust chemical composition to plant standard, using titration test to determine strength of solution.
- 7) May pump water through resin and carbon beds to demineralize it.
- 8) May tend heat exchanger to maintain temperature of brine within specified limits.
- 9) When pumping brine through filters only, is designated Brine Purifier.
Is being a "BRINE MAKER I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BRINE MAKER I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BRINE MAKER I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BRINE MAKER I"
Job Number: 1135