Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Brazes together components to assemble metal parts as specified by layout, work order, or blueprints, using hand torch: Aligns and clamps workpieces together, using rule, square, or template or sets up and places them in fixtures, jigs, or vise.
- 2) Cleans joints of workpieces, using wire brush or by dipping them into cleaning solution.
- 3) Selects torch tip, flux, and brazing alloy from data charts or work order.
- 4) Connects hoses from torch to regulator valves and cylinders of oxygen and specified fuel gas, acetylene or natural.
- 5) Turns valves to start flow of gases, lights flame, and adjusts pressure and mixture of gases to obtain desired color and size of flame.
- 6) Brushes flux onto joint of workpiece or dips braze rod into flux to prevent oxidation of metal.
- 7) Guides torch and rod along joint or seam of workpiece to heat to brazing temperature and melt braze alloy to bond workpieces together.
- 8) Examines seam and rebrazes defective joints.
- 9) May braze together broken parts and cover holes to repair leaks.
- 10) May specialize in bonding parts with soft solder and be designated Solderer, Torch II.
- 11) May melt and separate brazed joints, using hand torch or furnace, remove and straighten components, and rebraze joints to repair misaligned or damaged assemblies and be designated Brazer, Repair And Salvage.
- 12) May braze together seams of metal sheets, strips, screening, or wire cloth, using torch mounted on manually guided crawler, and be designated Brazer, Crawler Torch.
Is being a "BRAZER, ASSEMBLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BRAZER, ASSEMBLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BRAZER, ASSEMBLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BRAZER, ASSEMBLER"
Job Number: 1092