"BRAKE OPERATOR II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends power brake that bends, punches, forms, rolls, arcs, or straightens metal sheets, plates, and bars: Positions work manually or with crane against stops, or aligns layout marks to dies.
- 2) Brushes oil on dies and workpiece.
- 3) Starts machine to lower ram and shape workpiece.
- 4) Tightens die nuts to prevent movement of die, using wrenches.
- 5) Inspects work for conformance to specifications, using rule, square, or templates.
- 6) Cleans scale or scrap from die with airhose or brush.
- 7) May depress pedal to lower ram and shape workpiece.
- 8) May tend furnace to preheat metal to specified temperatures before bending.
- 9) May be designated according to material shaped as Brake Operator, Sheet Metal II.
Is being a "BRAKE OPERATOR II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BRAKE OPERATOR II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BRAKE OPERATOR II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BRAKE OPERATOR II"
Job Number: 1078