Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates brakedrum lathe to resurface automotive brakedrums, and operates grinding machine to grind brakeshoe linings: Clamps hub and drum on lathe spindle and adjusts cutting tool to machine drum surface.
- 2) Starts spindle and feeds tool into drum by hand, or adjusts automatic feed mechanism.
- 3) Measures drum to verify specified dimensions, using calipers, drum gauge, or micrometer.
- 4) Clamps brakeshoe on grinder and grinds lining to specified arc as determined by new diameter of drum.
- 5) May replace defective brake cylinders and fill master brake cylinder with brake fluid.
- 6) May mount wheel on axle and adjust drumshoe clearance.
Is being a "BRAKE-DRUM-LATHE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BRAKE-DRUM-LATHE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BRAKE-DRUM-LATHE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BRAKE-DRUM-LATHE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1081