"BRAKE COUPLER, ROAD FREIGHT"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following duties, working as member of train crew: Inspects couplings and airhoses to ensure that they are securely fastened.
- 2) Inspects journal boxes to ensure that they are lubricated.
- 3) Inspects handbrakes on cars to ensure that they are released before run begins.
- 4) Walks on top of cars and peers down between them to inspect couplings, airhoses, and journal boxes.
- 5) Sets warning signals, such as flares, flags, lanterns, or torpedoes in front of and at rear of train during emergency stops to warn oncoming trains.
- 6) Climbs ladder to top of car and turns brakewheel to set car brakes or rides atop car to control its speed when it is shunted.
- 7) Pulls or pushes track switch to reroute cars during breakup at way stations.
- 8) Signals LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEER to start or stop train when coupling or uncoupling cars.
- 9) Rides in cab of engine or cupola of caboose to observe signals from other crewmembers.
- 10) Makes minor repairs to couplings, airhoses, and journal boxes.
- 11) Reports to CONDUCTOR, ROAD FREIGHT any equipment requiring major repairs.
Is being a "BRAKE COUPLER, ROAD FREIGHT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BRAKE COUPLER, ROAD FREIGHT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BRAKE COUPLER, ROAD FREIGHT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BRAKE COUPLER, ROAD FREIGHT"
Job Number: 1075