Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends equipment to reproduce braille-embossed pages, using one of following methods: Places master page on screen bed.
- 2) Places roll of treated paper on stand.
- 3) Threads paper through equipment and locks paper in clamping frame.
- 4) Pulls heat unit over clamping frame.
- 5) Depresses pedal or handle to lower clamping frame onto screen bed and to create vacuum that forms braille impressions.
- 6) Pushes heat unit from bed.
- 7) Releases pedal or handle to raise clamping frame, and releases catch on frame to draw reproduced copy through equipment.
- 8) Repeats process to make required number of copies.
- 9) Cuts copies apart, using scissors.
- 10) Writes identifying information, such as page number or title, on each copy.
- 11) Positions master page on screen bed.
- 12) Places sheet of heat-sensitive plastic paper over page and lowers clamping frame to lock page into position on bed.
- 13) Pulls heat unit over clamping frame to activate vacuum pump trip-lever.
- 14) Holds heat unit over frame to form braille impressions.
- 15) Pushes heat unit from bed to release vacuum.
- 16) Raises frame to release individual copy.
- 17) Repeats process to make required number of copies.
- 18) Most workers in this occupation are blind.
Is being a "BRAILLE-DUPLICATING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BRAILLE-DUPLICATING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BRAILLE-DUPLICATING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BRAILLE-DUPLICATING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1073