Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles wooden boxes from prepared sections or precut boards for use as shipping or burial cases, using either of following methods, using hand or power tools: Places ends of box in form on workbench, and nails side sections and bottom panels to ends, using hammer or pneumatic nailer.
- 2) Turns unit over, positions top panels on box, nails batten to panels to reinforce top, and tacks top to box.
- 3) Clamps and fastens precut boards together to form end, side, and bottom sections and nails sections together, using hand clamps, braces, corrugated fasteners, hammer, and pneumatic nailer.
- 4) Turns unit over, clamps and nails braces to boards to form top, and tacks top to box.
- 5) Trims and smooths edges and corners of assembled box, using hand plane, drawknife, and sandpaper.
- 6) Conveys assembled boxes to storage area, using handtruck.
- 7) May mark box size on ends of boxes.
- 8) May paint surfaces of boxes, using spray gun.
Is being a "BOX MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BOX MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BOX MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BOX MAKER"
Job Number: 1045