"BOX MAKER, WOOD"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Cuts lumber and assembles cut lumber into boxes and crates, using handtools or power tools: Measures, marks, and saws boards to specified size, using ruler, pencil, and power saws.
- 2) Assembles and nails boards together, using hammer, power stapler, or nailing machine.
- 3) Repairs damaged containers by replacing damaged parts, using handtools.
- 4) Salvages used crating by removing nails from board with hammer, nail puller, or crowbar and by sawing ends with portable electric handsaw.
- 5) May sharpen saw, using file.
- 6) May insert cardboard fillers, felt pads, and wooden separators in containers.
- 7) May build crate around material, using ruler, handtools, and pneumatic nailer.
- 8) When repairing wooden boxes, may be known as Box Repairer I.
Is being a "BOX MAKER, WOOD" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BOX MAKER, WOOD" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BOX MAKER, WOOD"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BOX MAKER, WOOD"
Job Number: 1047