"BOW MAKER, PRODUCTION"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates and shapes laminated archery bows: Selects dies according to type bow to be produced and bolts dies to bow press.
- 2) Applies epoxy resin to precut wood and fiberglass parts for laminating.
- 3) Aligns parts, following reference marks, and clamps parts to press.
- 4) Cures bows for specified time to form contour of bow, using bow press.
- 5) Cuts string nocks in bow tips and bevels bow edge, using abrasive wheels and sanders.
- 6) Shapes and finishes contour of bow, using belt sanders.
- 7) Examines bow for twist and adjusts string position to compensate for deficiencies noted.
- 8) Buffs bow to smooth finish, using power buffer.
- 9) Measures force required to pull bow string to full draw, using scale and pulley device, to determine if bow meets specifications.
- 10) May apply decorative or identifying decal to bow.
- 11) May varnish and stain bow to protect surface.
- 12) May assemble crossbows and be designated Crossbow Maker.
- 13) May repair defects in bows damaged in production or returned to factory for repair.
Is being a "BOW MAKER, PRODUCTION" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BOW MAKER, PRODUCTION" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BOW MAKER, PRODUCTION"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BOW MAKER, PRODUCTION"
Job Number: 1032