Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Studies development and life processes, physiology, heredity, environment, distribution, anatomy, morphology, and economic value of plants for application in such fields as agronomy, forestry, horticulture, and pharmacology: Studies behavior of chromosomes and reproduction, internal and external structures, and examines mechanics and biochemistry of plants and plant cells, using microscopes, staining techniques, and scientific equipment.
- 2) Investigates environment and plant communities and effect of rainfall, temperature, climate, soil, and elevation on plant growth from seed to mature plants.
- 3) Identifies and classifies plants.
- 4) May conduct environmental studies and prepare reports.
- 5) May be designated according to field of specialization as Plant Ecologist; Plant Taxonomist.
Is being a "BOTANIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BOTANIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BOTANIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BOTANIST"
Job Number: 1006