Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates boring machines to bore, drill, tap, spot face, groove, mill, or ream metal workpieces according to specifications, tooling instructions, and standard charts, applying knowledge of boring procedures and machining methods: Reads blueprint or job order for product specifications, such as hole locations and dimensions, and tooling instructions, such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, and cutting tools to be used.
- 2) Positions and secures cutting tool in toolholder, and toolholder in spindle.
- 3) Lifts and positions workpiece, manually or using hoist, and secures workpiece in machine table fixture, using wrenches and clamps.
- 4) Moves controls to position tool in relation to workpiece, and to set feed rate, cutting speed, and depth of cut.
- 5) Starts machine, moves controls to feed tool against workpiece, or to engage automatic feeding device.
- 6) Turns valve handle to direct flow of coolant onto cutting area.
- 7) Observes machine operation, and removes and inspects machined workpiece to verify conformance to specifications, using instruments, such as fixed and air gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
- 8) May compute cutting speeds, feed rates, and dimensions, using standard charts and shop mathematics.
Is being a "BORING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BORING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BORING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BORING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 1002