"BORING-MACHINE OPERATOR, PRODUCTION"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends previously set up single- or multiple-spindle boring machines to perform machining operations, such as boring, counterboring, and facing metal workpieces on production basis: Lifts workpiece manually or with hoist and clamps it in holding fixtures.
- 2) Moves machine controls to feed tool into workpiece and engage feed.
- 3) Observes machine operation and verifies conformance of bored workpiece to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as fixed gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
- 4) Changes worn tools, using wrenches.
- 5) May move controls to adjust cutting speeds, feed rates, and depth of cut.
- 6) May aid MACHINE SETTER in setting up machine.
- 7) May bore or drill plastics or other nonmetallic materials.
Is being a "BORING-MACHINE OPERATOR, PRODUCTION" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BORING-MACHINE OPERATOR, PRODUCTION" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BORING-MACHINE OPERATOR, PRODUCTION"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BORING-MACHINE OPERATOR, PRODUCTION"
Job Number: 1003