Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Keeps records of financial transactions for establishment, using calculator and computer: Verifies, allocates, and posts details of business transactions to subsidiary accounts in journals or computer files from documents, such as sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts.
- 2) Summarizes details in separate ledgers or computer files and transfers data to general ledger, using calculator or computer.
- 3) Reconciles and balances accounts.
- 4) May compile reports to show statistics, such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to operation of business.
- 5) May calculate employee wages from plant records or time cards and prepare checks for payment of wages.
- 6) May prepare withholding, Social Security, and other tax reports.
- 7) May compute, type, and mail monthly statements to customers.
- 8) May be designated according to kind of records of financial transactions kept, such as Accounts-Receivable Bookkeeper, and Accounts-Payable Bookkeeper.
- 9) May complete records to or through trial balance.
Is being a "BOOKKEEPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BOOKKEEPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BOOKKEEPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BOOKKEEPER"
Job Number: 3287