Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in booking shipments of cargo on ships and keeping booking control records to ensure maximum utilization of cargo spaces: Reviews records of bookings and studies plans of cargo spaces to determine type of tonnage that can be booked on each ship in order to obtain maximum revenue and utilize available cargo space.
- 2) Assigns booking duties to workers and gives work directions regarding tonnage or cubic feet of storage space that can be booked for refrigerated cargo, or container cargo.
- 3) Coordinates booking and space control activities to ensure that each ship is booked to capacity.
- 4) Trains workers in booking procedures and demonstrates methods of converting cubic feet of storage space into tonnage.
- 5) Submits booking sheets to documentation department for preparation of shipping documents.
- 6) Performs other duties as described under SUPERVISOR Master Title.
Is being a "BOOKING SUPERVISOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BOOKING SUPERVISOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BOOKING SUPERVISOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BOOKING SUPERVISOR"
Job Number: 987