Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends paper-cutting machine that cuts edges of bound and unbound books, periodicals, catalogs, and directories to specified size for binding and rebinding: Reads instructions on worksheet to ascertain machine setting requirements.
- 2) Inserts or replaces knives in trimmer and adjusts guides to trim head, tail, and fore edges of book to specified dimensions, and locks sections in place.
- 3) Starts machine for test run, and examines finished book body to ensure finished sample meets job order specifications and book body sample.
- 4) Loads book bodies into feed receptacle of machine.
- 5) Starts machine and observes operation.
- 6) Examines book bodies to ensure specifications are met.
- 7) Observes operation of machine during production run.
- 8) Stops machine when machine malfunctions and adjusts knives and guides as required.
- 9) Replenishes supply of book bodies periodically.
- 10) May tend manually operated trimmer, jogging book bodies to align edges and placing book body against three sections of guide in turn to trim three edges of book.
- 11) Depresses treadle or lever to clamp cut edges at each position.
- 12) May be required to watch for colored markers between pages that indicate narrow margins and foldouts when positioning edges of book bodies against guides.
- 13) May stack books as they are trimmed.
- 14) May operate cutter to cut cardboard, paper, or book covers to specified size.
- 15) May push cart stacked with books to next work station.
Is being a "BOOK TRIMMER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BOOK TRIMMER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BOOK TRIMMER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BOOK TRIMMER"
Job Number: 980