"BOOK-SEWING-MACHINE OPERATOR I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that sews sheets of gathered and collated signatures and sews signatures into book form preparatory to binding: Threads needles, adjusts machine bed to width of signatures, sets feed arms for size of signatures, and passes tape through guides, following written instructions.
- 2) Opens signature and places it over feed arm.
- 3) Depresses pedal to revolve feed arm, sew signature, and present another arm in feeding position.
- 4) Places signatures in succession on feed arms, depressing pedal to sew individual signatures and to stitch sewed signatures together.
- 5) Stops machine when delivery table is full.
- 6) Cuts stitching holding books together, and stacks separated books.
- 7) May stitch or fasten endpapers or linings to first and last signatures of books.
- 8) May stitch signatures and apply glue along binding edge of first and last signatures to reinforce binding of book bodies.
- 9) May specialize in stitching cut or shaved spine of books preparatory to rebinding for resale or reuse.
- 10) May be known by type of book stitched and be designated Blankbook-Stitching-Machine Operator I.
Is being a "BOOK-SEWING-MACHINE OPERATOR I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BOOK-SEWING-MACHINE OPERATOR I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BOOK-SEWING-MACHINE OPERATOR I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BOOK-SEWING-MACHINE OPERATOR I"
Job Number: 992