Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends automatic bonding machine that bonds gold or aluminum wire to integrated circuit dies to connect circuitry to package leads: Reviews schematic diagram or work order to determine bonding specifications.
- 2) Turns dials to set bonding machine temperature controls and to regulate wire feeding mechanism.
- 3) Mounts spool of wire onto holder and inserts wire end through guides, using tweezers.
- 4) Positions semiconductor package into magazine of automatic feed mechanism, and observes package, using microscope or equipment display screen, to ensure connections to be bonded are aligned with bonding wire.
- 5) Adjusts alignment as necessary.
- 6) Activates machine that automatically bonds wire to specified connections on semiconductor package leads.
- 7) Removes packages from bonding machine and places packages in work tray.
- 8) May test tensile strength of bonded connections, using testing equipment.
- 9) May locate connections and bond wire to connect circuitry of hybrid circuits, using precision-bonding machine.
Is being a "BONDER, SEMICONDUCTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BONDER, SEMICONDUCTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BONDER, SEMICONDUCTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BONDER, SEMICONDUCTOR"
Job Number: 964