"BONDED STRUCTURES REPAIRER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs aircraft and space vehicle bonded structures according to blueprints and specifications, using handtools, power tools, and equipment: Reads inspection reports, rework instructions, and blueprints to determine type of repair, tools required, and to plan sequence of operations.
- 2) Positions and secures bonded structure in fixture or bonding form, or attaches fixture to structure, using clamps and handtools.
- 3) Examines structure to determine location, nature, and extent of defect or damage.
- 4) Spreads plastic film over area to be repaired to prevent damage to surrounding area.
- 5) Drills holes in structure to gain access to internal defect or damage.
- 6) Scribes around repair area and cuts out defective or damaged section, using power tools and equipment.
- 7) Laminates variety of metallic and nonmetallic materials, such as aluminum, fiberglass, plastic, and honeycomb, to fabricate replacement section.
- 8) Trims and shapes replacement section to specified size, using handtools and power tools.
- 9) Injects adhesive into cutout areas, using injection gun.
- 10) Fits replacement section into cutout area and secures section in place, using adhesive tape and tack iron.
- 11) Cures bonded structure, using portable or stationary curing equipment.
- 12) Cleans, strips, primes, and sands structural surfaces and materials prior to bonding.
Is being a "BONDED STRUCTURES REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BONDED STRUCTURES REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BONDED STRUCTURES REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BONDED STRUCTURES REPAIRER"
Job Number: 962