Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles boilers, tanks, vats, and pressure vessels according to blueprint specifications, using power tools and handtools: Reads blueprint to determine location and relationship of parts.
- 2) Connects firetubes to heads or watertubes to drums and headers of boilers, by expanding and belling ends, using tube expander and beading ends, using power hammer.
- 3) Drills and taps holes for installation of studs, using portable drill.
- 4) Tightens bolts to assemble frames, using hand or power wrenches.
- 5) Mounts casings of watertube boilers, or attaches davit heads, burners, or furnace casing to firetube boilers, using wrenches.
- 6) Bolts or screws accessories, such as manholes, handholes, fans, gauges, and valves to vessel, using handtools or power wrenches.
- 7) Replaces defective parts, using power wrenches, prying bars, or handtools.
- 8) May install and repair refractory brick.
- 9) May thread and install stay bolts, using pipe wrench and dies.
- 10) May remove and replace rivets and caulk seams to repair riveted shells and structures, using pneumatic chisel, riveter, and caulking hammer.
- 11) May cut out defective parts, using acetylene torch.
- 12) Distinguish from BOILERMAKER I who assembles and repairs boilers and related pressure vessels.
- 13) May be designated according to work setting or location as Boilermaker, Central Steam Plant; Boilermaker, Industrial Boilers; Boilermaker, Ship.
Is being a "BOILERMAKER II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BOILERMAKER II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BOILERMAKER II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BOILERMAKER II"
Job Number: 10449