Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles, analyzes defects in, and repairs boilers, pressure vessels, tanks, and vats in field, following blueprints and using handtools and portable power tools and equipment: Locates and marks reference points for columns or plates on foundation, using master straightedge, squares, transit, and measuring tape, and applying knowledge of geometry.
- 2) Attaches rigging or signals crane operator to lift parts to specified position.
- 3) Aligns structures or plate sections to assemble boiler frame, tanks, or vats, using plumb bobs, levels, wedges, dogs, or turnbuckles.
- 4) Hammers, flame-cuts, files, or grinds irregular edges of sections or structural parts to facilitate fitting edges together.
- 5) Bolts or arc-welds structures and sections together.
- 6) Positions drums and headers into supports and bolts or welds supports to frame.
- 7) Aligns water tubes and connects and expands ends to drums and headers, using tube expander.
- 8) Bells, beads with power hammer, or welds tube ends to ensure leakproof joints.
- 9) Bolts or welds casing sections, uptakes, stacks, baffles, and such fabricated parts as chutes, air heaters, fan stands, feeding tube, catwalks, ladders, coal hoppers, and safety hatch to frame, using wrench.
- 10) Installs manholes, handholes, valves, gauges, and feedwater connection in drums to complete assembly of water tube boilers.
- 11) Assists in testing assembled vessels by pumping water or gas under specified pressure into vessel and observing instruments for evidence of leakage.
- 12) Repairs boilers or tanks in field by unbolting or flame cutting defective sections or tubes, straightening plates, using torch or jacks, installing new tubes, fitting and welding new sections and replacing worn lugs on bolts.
- 13) May rivet and caulk sections of vessels, using pneumatic riveting and caulking hammers.
- 14) May line firebox with refractory brick and asbestos rope and blocks.
Is being a "BOILERMAKER I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BOILERMAKER I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BOILERMAKER I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BOILERMAKER I"
Job Number: 949