"BOILERMAKER HELPER II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists boilermaking personnel in assembling, installing, repairing, and testing steam boilers, pressure vessels, and other removable structures in ships, central steam plants, and in industrial plants.
- 2) Loads structural parts of boilers, pressure vessels, or tanks on pallets, using hoist.
- 3) Attaches slings to pallets or onto parts for moving by crane.
- 4) Assists in positioning parts in jigs and attaches clamps or other holding devices to fit parts together.
- 5) Grinds welds or seams to fit, using portable grinder.
- 6) Removes boiler casings, grades, handrails, manhole, and handhole covers to facilitate access to boilers or other vessels for repair, using handtools.
- 7) Assists in positioning boiler tubes as specified in boiler drums and headers.
- 8) Cleans scale from boiler tubes, using rotary pneumatic brush equipment.
- 9) Mixes mortar used for laying firebrick in firebox.
- 10) Replaces and reassembles gratings, ladders, handrails, and other disassembled structures after repairs are completed.
- 11) Performs other duties as described under HELPER Master Title.
Is being a "BOILERMAKER HELPER II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BOILERMAKER HELPER II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BOILERMAKER HELPER II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BOILERMAKER HELPER II"
Job Number: 948