Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Maintains and repairs stationary steam boilers and boiler house auxiliaries, using handtools and portable power tools: Cleans or directs other workers to clean boilers and auxiliary equipment, using scrapers, wire brush and cleaning solvent.
- 2) Inspects and repairs boiler fittings, such as safety valves, regulators, automatic-control mechanisms, and water columns, and auxiliary machines, such as pumps, draft fans, stokers, and burners.
- 3) Replaces damaged boiler tubes and plates.
- 4) Repairs or replaces high-pressure piping, using power saw, gas torch, threading die, and welding equipment.
- 5) May patch boiler insulation with cement.
- 6) May paint surface of equipment, using brush.
- 7) May perform water pressure test by pumping water into system to determine location of leaks.
- 8) May remove and replace defective firebrick, using hammer and chisel.
- 9) May operate lathe and milling machine to repair or make parts, such as valve stems and pump shafts.
Is being a "BOILERHOUSE MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BOILERHOUSE MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BOILERHOUSE MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BOILERHOUSE MECHANIC"
Job Number: 944