Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assists STATIONARY ENGINEER in operation and maintenance of stationary steam boilers and auxiliary steam equipment, such as pumps, compressors, and air-conditioning system, performing any combination of the following tasks: Starts auxiliary equipment.
- 2) Opens valves and adjusts regulators to control flow of steam or water through pipelines, or to blow sludge and scale from pressure system.
- 3) Cleans and lubricates pumps.
- 4) Dusts tubes, and removes slag from furnace tubes and brickwork of coal-fired boiler, using steam or compressed air.
- 5) Opens drains and washes boilers.
- 6) Performs maintenance tasks, such as packing valves, repairing pipelines, and replacing gauge glasses.
- 7) May regulate volume of water in boilers and in auxiliary equipment.
- 8) Performs other duties as described under HELPER Master Title.
Is being a "BOILER-ROOM HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BOILER-ROOM HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BOILER-ROOM HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BOILER-ROOM HELPER"
Job Number: 953