Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates automatically fired boilers to generate steam that supplies heat or power for buildings or industrial processes: Lights gas- or oil-fed burners, using torch.
- 2) Starts pulverizer and stoker to grind and feed coal into furnace of boiler.
- 3) Observes pressure, temperature, and draft meters on panel to verify specified operation of automatic combustion control systems, feed water regulators, stoker, pulverizer, and burners.
- 4) Turns valves and adjusts controls to set specified fuel feed, draft openings, water level, and steam pressure of boiler.
- 5) Observes boiler and auxiliary units to detect malfunctions and makes repairs, such as changing burners and tightening pipes and fittings.
- 6) May test and treat boiler feed water, using specified chemicals.
- 7) May maintain log of meter and gauge readings and record data, such as water test results and quantity of fuel consumed.
- 8) May be designated according to fuel burned, type of boilers, or class of license required.
Is being a "BOILER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BOILER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BOILER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BOILER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 942