"BOIL-OFF-MACHINE OPERATOR, CLOTH"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that removes dirt, natural gums, and waxes from greige cloth preparatory to further processing: Lifts rolls of cloth to platform at feed-end of machine, using hoist.
- 2) Inserts rod through center of roll and pushes roll onto machine brackets.
- 3) Sews end of cloth roll to leader in machine, using portable sewing machine.
- 4) Turns valves to admit caustic solution and steam to vats.
- 5) Starts cloth winding from roll on to takeup beam in initial boiloff box and from initial boiloff box onto beams in subsequent boiloff and washboxes.
- 6) Threads cloth from terminal washbox through squeeze rollers and doffs cloth from swing-folding attachment.
- 7) Records cloth lot number, machine running time, and yardage of cloth processed.
- 8) May measure distance between colored yarn markers on cloth selvage to determine shrinkage.
Is being a "BOIL-OFF-MACHINE OPERATOR, CLOTH" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BOIL-OFF-MACHINE OPERATOR, CLOTH" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BOIL-OFF-MACHINE OPERATOR, CLOTH"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BOIL-OFF-MACHINE OPERATOR, CLOTH"
Job Number: 955