Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fabricates, repairs, or modifies wooden boats, life rafts, and pontoons, according to blueprints, using handtools, power tools, and measuring instruments: Lays out full-scale outline of boat on mold-loft floor, using crayon, scales, and protractor, following blueprints and table of offsets.
- 2) Establishes dimensional reference points on layout and makes templates of parts.
- 3) Scribes dimensional lines on lumber, following templates.
- 4) Cuts and forms parts, such as keel, ribs, and sidings, using carpenter's handtools and power tools.
- 5) May specialize in fabricating particular part of boat and be designated Bulkhead Carpenter; Bulwark Carpenter; Hull Builder; Keel Assembler.
Is being a "BOATBUILDER, WOOD" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "BOATBUILDER, WOOD" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "BOATBUILDER, WOOD"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "BOATBUILDER, WOOD"
Job Number: 916